![]() |
|
navigation
●
●
intro ![]() 인람 ★Lam Lam★ "insert quote" click 'about' for more tagboard extras blog add-ons music playlist, countdowns, etc. credits Layout : komie Host : Blogger |
Friday, November 18, 2011
8:00 PM ● Assignment 3: Photomontage For this assignment, we had to apply what we had learnt in our previous tutorials, by creating a photomontage or photo-collage on our own. We were allowed to use both stock photos taken online and photos that are taken by us personally. The theme for this assignment is "Urban Fantasy". The initial brainstorming was difficult as it was my first time creating a photomontage. Firstly, I had to come up with a theme or message in which i wish to convey to audiences. Next, I had to do research on the different types and styles of photomontage as a point of reference. After brainstorming and researching, I finalised with a theme... The grass on the other side is greener. The photomontage is what I have created. The idea of this montage is to illustrate that people are always not satisfied with what they have. As on the left, the dark atmosphere shows a cityscape with "money" falling down. This is perhaps what everyone yearned for. However, they are still unhappy despite all these. Perhaps deep down, one still wish to have freedom and "happiness" as shown on the right where the colours are vibrant and bright. After Thoughts Creating a photomontage is not easy. We have to consider the composition of the pictures and maintain a coherent style throughout our pictures. Perspective might and might not be important depending on our style of portrayal. On the surface, the photomontage may seem like one picture but in fact I have actually used more than 8 different pictures, overlapping them and adjusting each layer's opacity. |
|
xxxxxx ( .City of Doodles. ) |