Friday, November 18, 2011
7:49 PM ● Class Exercise 4: Experimenting with new features with Photoshop

During our tutorial session today, Jing gave us a hands-on in using Photoshop to crop and edit photos. This is to prep us for our third assignment - making a photomontage.

What I learnt from this weeks tutorial....

1. I learnt how to apply colour adjustments to our photos and pictures. For instance to make it more saturated and contrasting in colour, or to change it to black and white. What is most important is that she taught us how to create "non-destructive" changes to our artworks by using the adjustment panels on the right instead of applying a permanent colour adjustment to our art by using the "image > adjustment" method.

2. I also learnt how to effective use the "mask"option. This is especially useful when we had to select photos. She taught us the different types of usage to "select" objects - through usage of different tools like lasso tool, magic wand, magnetic selection and masking.

3. Lastly, I also learnt that converting objects from layers to smart objects will make the image sharper, if not retain its sharpness despite constant resizing.

After the tutorial session, I felt that I am more confident of creating a nice photomontage. Or at least, creating one successfully.

xxxxxx

( .City of Doodles. )